What is the purpose of the CNC Machinist?
Our client is a global market leader in rotary valves and valve technologies for the powder and bulk handling industries providing a range of economical valve and diverter products with one single Group ethos: exceeding all our customers’ expectations. Our client needs a motivated, highly organised and experienced CNC machinist to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to setup and run multiple machines simultaneously whilst ensure quality and output are maintained to the required level.
What will the CNC Machinist do?
- Program, set and operate our Haas VF2S & VF4 with Pallet changer to produce accurate components, working to drawings and specifications.
- Daily and accurate completion of records.
- Self-inspect components and report any manufacturing errors to line manager so corrective action can be agreed.
- Ensure that production requirements are met in line with the production schedule.
- Continually assess tool condition and maintain as necessary
- Always looking at decreasing run times and decreased down times through good setups and enablement coupled with personal motivation
- CNC Programming experience is essential ideally with Haas however other control systems will be considered e.g Fanuc, Siemens, Mazak
- Experience of working with a wide variety of materials including stainless and Cast iron castings
- Understanding of manufacturing protocols.
- The ideal candidate must have essential CNC Milling experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good oral communication
- Team player with good timekeeping and a flexible attitude
- Possess the drive to learn and develop
- Ability to read drawings and parts lists
- Have an understanding of 5S and workplace organisational awareness
- The rate of pay will be competitive and dependent on experience and will also include an uplift for unsociable hours.
- Additional pay:
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking