CNC Setter – Milling
Cooper Golding are searching for a CNC Setter to work for a highly successful precision engineering business that’s been supplying the aerospace industry for over 40 years. The company are continuously growing due to the demand of their services and are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to become part of the team.
What is the purpose of the CNC Setter?
To accurately set and run 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC milling machines in order to manufacture complex high variety low volume components
What will you do as the CNC Setter?
- Read, understand and examine engineering drawings and specifications to determine appropriate method, sequence of operations and machine setting
- Select and fix work-holding devices and appropriate cutting, shaping, and/or forming tools
- Produce robust set ups which are poka-yoke and work with operators to ensure they understand loading instruction
- Operate automatic or manual controls to clock vices/ fixture and set datums
- Repositions workpiece, change tools and reset machine as necessary during production run
- Instruct operator on the safe and correct method of operation of the machine
- Self-inspect to customer required tolerances
- Accurately select tooling, use measuring equipment
- Set and safely operate machinery: 3,4 and 5 Axis machines
What skills and experience will you have as the CNC Setter?
- Problem solve and work often on own initiative Continue to help/improve work environment and carry out housekeeping duties in line with 5S.
- Education/Qualification in Engineering
- Level B1 CEFR minimum Experience Robust engineering background
- At least 2 years working in an engineering manufacturing environment CNC experience preferred Attention to detail Verbal communication
What will you get in return?
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunities for both days and night shifts