Cooper Golding is looking for a CNC Setter/Operator for our Devon based client, that’s offering the chance work on a shiny new Nakamura machine! They are a specialist manufacturer of high precision bespoke components, providing high-quality finished parts for various specialist industries. Due to continued growth, and with reinvestment into new machines allowing for increased capability, they are seeking experienced Lathe/Turning Setter/Operators who share their values of right first time, quality, customer relationships and teamwork.
Whilst there’s the added investment of now being part of a larger group of companies, the business in Crediton runs autonomously and has retained a family feel with many staff having worked here for many years. As such, you’ll be joining a friendly team of experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.
What is the purpose of the CNC Setter/Operator?
The purpose of CNC Setter/Operator will be to set and operate turning machines, specifically twin spindle Nakamaura with Fanuc controls, whilst working efficiently as part of the manufacturing team.
What will you do as the CNC Setter/Operator?
- Set turning/lathe machines in accordance with requirements
- Working with Nakamura/live head lathes/Fanuc controls
- Complete records and documentations
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Ensure an effective handover to the next operator
- Ensure the quality of product is to the expected high standard
What skills and experience will you have as the CNC Setter/Operator?
- Must be competent in both setting and operating CNC turning machines – it would be ideal if you’re experienced with live head and twin spindle machines; even better if that’s on Nakamura
- Ability to meet high standards on a consistent basis
- Ability to read and accurately interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to identify production issues and correct accordingly
- Ability to understand turning programs and adjust if necessary
What will you get in return?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Overtime premium
- Long service awards