Salary: up to £28,000 per annum depending on experience + bonus
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon (office based with the ability to work remotely for up to 2 days per week)
Working exclusively with our client a fast growing Telecoms testing company who work with some of the largest Mobile and Fixed-line Telecom operators in the world, or client has customers in the UK, Asia, Africa, Middle East and North America. By joining the team you will have the chance to work on some exciting new technologies and future testing projects for some of the largest telecom and software brands in the world.
What is the purpose of the Data Analyst role?
Our client is now seeking to increase the support team with a Data Analyst who is dynamic and motivated to support in a testing role. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate any previous data analysis or testing experience utilising technical skills to deliver final customer reports, however, our client will provide full internal training for the right person. This could be in academia E.G. a recent graduate or a more experienced Data Analyst to work on exciting data projects.
What will the Data Analyst do?
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret data and effectively deliver accurate results and reports
- General technology knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present results to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to deliver projects in compliance with contracts and service level agreements
- Work in compliance with internal processes and systems
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to configure and update computer systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formulas and pivot tables
- Proven ability to identify problems and work through them to achieve a successful resolution
- A motivated attitude and show a keen desire to learn new technologies
- Work effectively on individual and team projects
- Willingness to travel as necessary to customer sites to assist with client operations within the UK and abroad
- Must have previous IT/Telecoms knowledge such as mobile networks/handsets, Windows computers, latest 4G/5G, eSIM and general telecom network technologies. However, a thirst for knowledge and good IT skills is more important than exacting Telecoms experience.
- Analytical and reporting skills to detect and correct data trends
- An understanding of testing methodologies such as functional vs. non-functional, end-to-end testing etc
- Technical skills: SQL Server, Regex, Powershell / Bash Scripting, BI tools, Networking
- Experience and understanding of mobile and fixed-line telecom products and services
- Experience of automated or manual system testing and methodologies
- IT based degree preferred or A-Levels (or equivalent)
- Any other technical or professional certifications an advantage
- Competitive salary
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays (with a max of 25 days loyalty Holiday +B/H)
- Incentive structure – annual company and individual performance bonus targets
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Structured career progression opportunities
- Full in-house training in Telecoms testing and Revenue/Network Assurance
- Fun team building days - summer and winter (ask for details!)
- Opportunity to build a career with a North Devon based company and work with top tier Telecom global companies and work with exciting technologies and software.