Design Engineer – Electronics
Cooper Golding is looking for a Design Engineer to join a recognised leader in the electronic components industry. Our client is locally based in Barnstaple and specialise in the design and manufacture of electronic components for the aerospace and defense market.
What is the purpose of the Design Engineer?
Working on projects right from the initial customer discussions through to delivery on complex precision electronics designs that are used in higher reliability markets such as aerospace and defense. This is a niche skilled position within a small but growing team with a defined career path for the successful candidate.
What will you do as the Design Engineer?
- Work closely with the Project Management team throughout project lifecycle
- The Design Engineer’s output is a set of manufacturing documentation (Parts Lists, Piece-part Drawings, Assembly Drawings, Test Specifications, Printed-Circuit Board artworks [which may be in electronic form as a set of files] etc).
- Resolving technical issues in Production and updating documentation appropriately
- Assist as a knowledgeable authority, when problems arise with customer's own designs, to recommend solutions, and to provide supportive advice, coaching and mentoring to junior engineers
What skills and experience will you have as the Design Engineer?
- It’s likely that you will be degree educated, either in the field of electronics or physics
- General Production Magnetic Design Skills
- General Knowledge of Production techniques
- Modelling Knowledge
- Clear and Concise Communicator of Technical Information
- Good 3D visualizer
- Candidates must be eligible to work on military products under the relevant jurisdiction license
What will you get in return?
- A great range of benefits including a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership
- Early finish every Friday!
- Pension scheme & free parking
Cooper Golding Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Cooper Golding Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.