Financial & Management Accountant
Cooper Golding is working with an impressive business in North Devon that’s continuing its incredible growth journey. This is genuinely one of the best employers to work for in the region and a great time to be getting involved with lots of exciting developments taking place across the company. They are currently looking to recruit a qualified or part-qualified Financial and Management Accountant for their group finance team.
What is the purpose of the Financial/Management Accountant?
To support and assist the Financial Controller, and wider finance team, in the group’s day to day finance activities. You will liaise with all departments to provide support with any financial tasks.
What will you do as the Financial/Management Accountant?
- Prepare monthly management accounts in include all relevant schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for keeping the statutory records for all group companies up to date
- Completion of VAT returns
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparing for year-end audits
- Respond to customer or supplier enquires where necessary over the phone or in writing
- Work with the financial team to implement, track and report on all set KPIs
What skills and experience will you have as the Financial Accountant?
- AAT qualified as a minimum. Desirably working towards, or qualified, ACA/ACCA
- Experience working within a fast paced, busy accounts department.
- Experienced of preparing complex management accounts and preferably consolidated group monthly accounts
- Excellent IT skills, especially with Excel as the role entails a lot of data manipulation
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong supervisory skills as you will be responsible for line management of a team of two
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and effectively meet deadlines
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Very attractive benefits
- An awesome working environment!