Goods in Operative
£9.00 per hour
Cooper Golding is looking for a Goods in Operative for our Devon based client. They are a specialist manufacturer of high precision components, providing high-quality finished parts for various specialist industries. Whilst there’s the added investment of now being part of a larger group of companies, the business in Crediton runs autonomously and has retained a family feel with many staff having worked here for many years.
What is the purpose of the Goods in Operative?
This role is offered on a contract basis for the next six months. You will be working as part of a busy warehouse team, managing the movement of stock and materials in a busy precision engineering business.
What will you do as the Goods in Operative?
- Unload deliveries of both raw materials (metals and plastics) and finished components and allocate them to relevant storage areas / machines
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Collect and sort recyclable materials and return unused material back to stock.
What skills and experience will you have as the Goods in Operative?
- Experience with automated machinery will be advantageous
- Solid background in either a warehouse or similar environment
- Hold a current counterbalance licence
- The ability to use a computer booking system
What will you get in return?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive salary