Group Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager
Cooper Golding is seeking a Group Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager for our client who have a world leading reputation of aerosol & hot pour product development and manufacturing.
What is the purpose of the Group Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager?
The purpose of the role is to oversee and be responsible for Environmental, Sustainability and Health & Safety, in accordance with the Environmental and Health & Safety policy and procedures, monitor environmental strategies and promote sustainable development
What will you do as the Group Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager?
- Provide Environmental systems for all operating sites and ensure compliance with customer and regulatory body requirements.
- Promote and drive sustainability projects across the group both production and product related.
- Liaise with service providers.
- Ensure Aspects & Impacts assessments are carried out and documented.
- Monitor and investigate all Environmental complaints.
- Prepare for, host and co-ordinate responses to factory environment audits/conduct internal audits.
- Lead the Health & Safety Culture across the sites.
What skills and experience will you have and the Group Environment, Sustainability and Safety Manager?
- Previous experience within a chemical manufacturing environment is desirable
- Passion and appreciation for the natural environment.
- Qualified Chemist, Chemical Engineer or similar scientific based subject.
- Minimum (AIOSH/Tech IOSH)
- Good understanding of IS0 14001 standards.
- Good leadership, Organisational and Communication Skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Willingness and ability to travel as role covers multiple UK and European sites
What will you get in return?
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Excellent benefits and rewards
- Competitive salary