Newcastle (Home Based covering Yorkshire and Northumberland)
Our client is an ambitious, exciting, agile and very successful PropTech company with a portfolio of over 5000 holiday lettings, working under a trusted brand. Now seeking a Head of Property to cover 900 properties in the Yorkshire and Northumberland regions, whilst overseeing 6 Account Managers. This is a home based role and you will ideally live in the Newcastle area.
What is the purpose of Head of Property role?
The Head of Property will be responsible for managing and monitoring the performance of the regional team and individuals, providing an environment where there is clarity of purpose, goals and accountability for each team member and a high-quality experience for all owners Core objectives will be to increase revenue per property and reduce churn rate across the team through use of business intelligence and strong leadership of the Account Managers. Add value and seek additional revenue streams from the portfolio of service offerings of our client.
What will The Head of Property do?
- Manage and monitor the performance of regional team and individuals, providing an environment where there is clarity of purpose, goals and accountability for each team member and where all excel at demonstrating and understanding the value that property management provides to owners.
- Review staff performance to ensure agreed targets achieved through performance
- Drive results to achieve a significant year on year uplift in revenue growth from properties within the regional portfolio.
- Where relevant manage the transition of acquisition properties into the regional portfolio, monitoring the success of properties, owner feedback and related staffing.
- Utilise data and evidence relating to your role to from monthly business reports to influence actions within your region including presenting findings to a range of audiences.
- Lead working groups based on business intelligence to ensure a positive impact on team and company performance.
- Build a culture of sharing successes and learning
- Recruit and retain quality staff in line with company policy
- Manage approval system for contractual agreements within agreed region with clear objective to increase company KPIs including blended commission.
- Ensure clear procedures and systems on ‘Managed Services’ for the region including creating links to ‘approved’ trades and services.
- Provide and monitor clear working procedures and documentation. Assess and improve.
- Collaborative working practices which benefit owner experiences and retention.
- Analyse owner communication into the team via phones/email to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure legal compliance of all related paperwork and activities of the property team
- Coordination with finance, the collection of all appropriate fees.
- Understand the impact on revenue and operational efficiency of the complaints procedure for regional properties ensuring PAMs are addressing known issues promptly to stop recurrences.
- Ensure Health & Safety and welfare of all staff within the Property Team
- Take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably asked.
What skills and experience will the Head of Property have?
- Significant experience in management with a proven track record of high performance preferably within the property/travel industry.
- Managing a team with a proven record of providing excellent service and results to a wide range of clients.
- Excellent relationship skills able to create and develop strong working relationships
- A practiced people manager in recruitment, coaching and development of talent.
- Ability to lead by example in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach.
- Proven ability to deliver growth through the implementation of best practice and process
- Strong organisational and analytical skills absolutely required.
- Target driven individual, comfortable in setting, analysing, working to and achieving company targets.
- Skilled communicator who is able to remain engaged with dispersed teams.
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of projects to ensure that these three areas combine to produce best outcomes.
- Ability to maintain strategic vision and define/defend the company value proposition.
What will the Head of Property get in return?
- Excellent salary and commission structure
- 25 days holiday
- Part of an innovative and successful team and growing and ambitious company
- Holiday Vouchers