Health and Safety Coordinator
Barnstaple based 50/50 in the office and on site, with a salary of £24,000.00 to £28,000.00 dependant on experience and car allowance and travel expenses on top.
About our Client:
They are a project management service; collaborating with contractors nationwide to revolutionize project delivery. Their projects range from local initiatives to those impacting the wider public. They look to revitalise and reshape safety standards and bring fresh thinking to their industry, on time and most importantly safely!
What is the purpose of the Health and Safety Coordinator?
The H&S Coordinator will be reporting to and supporting the H&S Manager. With a proactive safety management style, they want someone who also wants to raise the bar in safety standards and challenge industry conventions.
Working in a fast-paced environment there is an opportunity for further training and career progression, with a NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate required within the first 12 months of employment, if you do not already have this qualification.
- Dive into day-to-day site inspections, auditing our network partners nationwide to ensure cutting-edge safety standards.
- Play a role in incident investigations, compiling data for incidents and near misses.
- Craft engaging near-miss reports and contribute to the creation of dynamic safety bulletins.
- Be part of the team developing next-gen training materials.
- Desirable: Minimum one year in health & safety, construction, facilities management, or a similarly dynamic field.
- Authentic commitment to keeping people safe.
- Understanding of the impactful role health & safety plays in a business.
- Embrace compliance with legislation and fulfilling our duty of care.
- Juggle multiple work streams effortlessly.
- Grasp the basics of ISO 45001 & ISO 14001.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, adaptable to connect with diverse audiences.
- Laser-focused attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel across the country and navigate building sites during site audits.
- £24,000 to £28,000 basic salary dependant on experience
- Car Allowance and travel expenses as necessary
- Unlimited holidays
- Auto enrolment pension
- Fantastic working environment
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to work in a growing business and develop your skills
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- Collaborative and positive work environment.