Hours Mon-Fri 0900-1730
Our client is a leading IT and communications company, now seeking to recruit a new IT Technician 1st and 2nd Line.
What is the purpose of the IT Technician role?
The role will be part of the support team, assisting customers with IT queries and specific projects.
What will you do as an IT Technician?
- Work with clients on a day to day basis, supporting their continued success via email/phone and remote support software.
- Priritise jobs and meet strict deadlines
- Able to amage your task list effectively
- Various queries from Email to database migration, security solutions all common end user software.
- Travelling to citsomer sites as required clean full driving licence and own car will be advantageous
What skills and experience will you have as an IT Technician?
You should have at least 2 years' experience of the majority of the following:-
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail even when working under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems ideally up to Windows Server 2019 and certainly Windows 10, including Active Directory and DNS
- Understanding of network topologies including wired / wireless switching, security and VLANs. Implementation of networking upgrades desirable
- Experience of basic security hardening and penetration testing would be advantageous
- Office 365 Administration. Office 365 migration experience desirable
- Implementation and support of Microsoft Exchange 2016 or higher. PowerShell experience desirable
- Virtualisation technologies ideally including both Hyper-V and VMware
- High availability builds using both clustering and replication (e.g. VMware HA)
- Storage technologies and solutions for high availability
- Platform as a service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) built around Azure is desirable
- Azure Administration and migration experience
- Experience of server and workstation hardware builds, fault diagnosis and problem resolution
- Experience of a wide range of backup, replication and imaging/device deployment solutions
- Experience of a wide range of Endpoint Security solutions and managed mail security including centralised management and monitoring
- Familiarity with patch management, configuration management and MDM solutions desirable
- Experience of System Centre Configuration Manager / MECM and SCOM advantageous
- Experience of the managed deployment of client applications and application migration
- Enterprise Voice solutions and experience of supporting Contact Centres desirable
- Skype for Business and / or Microsoft Teams deployment or support highly advantageous
- SQL Server and SQL database administration, migration and upgrades advantageous
- Familiarity with supporting all common end user software including Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences, including 3rd party vendor communications as part of a larger project team.
What will you get in return as the IT Technician?
- 21 days holiday plus BH