Excellent Salary available - Negotiable on experience
A global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, reliably, safely and sustainably. With broad portfolio of top-quality aerospace components for outright sale or exchange, including fuel, hydraulic, ducting, and actuation products.
What is the purpose of the Lead Manufacturing Engineer?
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
What will the Lead Manufacturing Engineer do?
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Performs root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies by applying Six Sigma Design and Development strategies. Conducts designed experiments. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Conducts Design For Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable. Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
- Participates in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules
- Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Trains associates as required.
- Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extracts and manipulates data from ERP systems as needed.
- Communicates vision of organization via verbal communication and actions. Interprets strategic plan for purpose of developing goals for self.
- Manages multiple projects and delivers same on timely basis.
- Detailed knowledgeof engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, electronic circuits, etc.
- Detailed knowledgeof lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Detailed knowledgeof Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understandingof problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface).
- Detailed knowledgeof manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, injection molding, welding, soldering, etc.
- 25 days holiday
- Auto enrolment pension
- Excellent culture
- Free parking