Our client is the local authority for North Devon. They provide services to both businesses and domestic premises
What is the purpose of the role?
- To drive an LGV Refuse (domestic or trade), Recycling, Skip loader or cleansing
- To undertake a refuse or recycling collection service for our domestic and trade customers
- To deliver excellent customer service and be an ambassador for Operational Services
What will you do?
- Ensure that allocated tasks are safely and efficiently completed
- Collect refuse and recycle waste from trade or domestic premises plus any special collections
- Drive vehicle to disposal point/transfer station to eject, tip or sort load
- Deliver exchange and collect skips of varying types, transport to disposal point/transfer station for tipping/sorting.
- Be responsible for regularly washing down the outside of the vehicle at the appropriate time
- To be responsible for undertaking appropriate daily routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Complete daily vehicle defect reports
- Comply with statutory requirements, policies and procedures including Health and Safety and security
- Undertake any other similar duties as required to form part of a flexible work tea
What skills and experience will you have?
- Hold clean LGV class ‘C’ licence & Certificate of Professional Competence Card
- Ability to control large vehicle in tight spaces
- Experience of driving refuse, recycling, skip loader or sweeping vehicles ideal
- Working geographical knowledge of the local area
- Ability to read a map, follow schedules and work to agreed parameters
- Experience of relating to people and providing excellent customer service
What will you get in return?
- 23 Days + Bank Holidays after 12 weeks
- Free Shuttle bus service