Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Full time – Monday to Friday
Salary £28000 - £33000
Cooper Golding is working with a very successful, specialist food manufacturing company that recently moved to a brand-new factory as part of its continued growth and expansion; the business aims to double its staff numbers in the next 12 months.
What is the purpose of the Maintenance Engineer Role?
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the various machines and electrical equipment to ensure production targets are achieved. Your success in the role will be based on minimising downtime of machines and reducing the reliance on external engineering support.
What will you as the Maintenance Engineer?
The role will include but not limited to:
- General maintenance duties, proactive and reactive to ensure there is minimum downtime. Maximising product efficiency.
- Supporting the production team, the Maintenance Engineer will have a proactive approach in maintenance and diagnosing system faults.
- New installations and identifying continuous improvements. Planned maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance.
What skills and experience will you have as a Maintenance Engineer?
- The successful Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be knowledgeable in their field in working within a FMCG or Food environment or similar, with recognised qualifications or qualified by experience.
- Electrically your experience must include three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors, and general fault finding.
- Mechanically you will be required to have hands on mechanical experience working within a high-volume environment and have experience working with hydraulics, pumps, gearboxes and valves.
- Experience working on water treatment plants and steam boilers would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
- This role will likely suit someone who is capable and confident in working independently within their role, someone who will take ownership of the electrical and mechanical maintenance, working in support of the production team.
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary depending on your experience
- Monday – Friday working week typically, with some planned out of hours maintenance support required
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking and location means easy access to motorway for commuting from Exeter or Taunton