Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Night Shift)
Barnstaple, North Devon
40 hours (some flexibility considered to suit successful candidate)
c£30,000 + shift enhancement
A market leading business that’s a genuine innovator within a niche manufacturing sector. Cooper Golding Recruitment has been retained by the company to recruit a multi-skilled and experienced Night Shift Maintenance Engineer.
The company continually invests in new technology to ensure they meet the demands of their high-profile customer based. As such, you can expect to be working with state-of-the-art equipment.
With a team of over 130 staff now, the company is enjoying year on year growth.
What is the purpose of the Night Shift Maintenance Engineer role?
You’ll be joining a small of team of four engineers, reporting into the Site Services Manager. When on shift you will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance across both machines and facilities. Additionally, you’ll be involved in the installation of new machinery as and when required.
What will you do as a Night Shift Maintenance Engineer?
- Monitor and maintain all machinery across the site
- Varied workload across mechanical and electrical fault finding and repair work
- Scheduled maintenance checks
- As the sole Engineer on site during the night shift, the role assumes a certain level of responsibility, requiring you to use your own initiative in supporting anywhere between 2 – 40 colleagues per shift
What skills and experience will you have as a Night Shift Engineer?
- Preferably a recognised Engineering qualification
- Irrespective of qualification, you will be experienced in a similar role
- Mechanical and Electrical experience, a bias towards either is of interest
- Self-motivated and organised with ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Willing to work permanent nights: 10pm – 6am (5 nights per week) or 8pm – 6am (4 nights per week)
- Experience working with machinery such as flexographic printers, flat bed die presses and multi point gluers would be advantageous but not essential
What will you get in return?
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free gym membership
- Additional benefits including some for time served