Cooper Golding is recruiting a New Product Development (NPD) Manager job for a class-leading manufacturing business; one of the fastest growing, most innovative and ambitious organisations in Somerset. Do you want to be part of a business that's at the global forefront of developing effective, natural healthcare products? Would you like the opportunity to work as part of an innovative research and development team, bringing to market class leading products for human and animal health? Please read on....
What is the purpose of the NPD Manager?
This position is responsible for the coordination and management of new product development and the continued development of the existing product range. Essentially a project manager role, you will be responsible for coordinating the product development team as well as liaising with external parties including the end client In the case of contract manufacturing, for each new product.
What will you do as the NPD Manager?
- Coordinate new product development schedules and requirements within and between departments to ensure timely completion for launch
- Ideally with an interest in science-based products, bring ideas to the table
- Write project briefs
- Maintain project documentation records to a high standard
- Organise and chair regular new product development meetings
- New product cost analysis
- Technical input into packaging sign-off
- Provide regular project updates to the department head
- Manage the NPD processes through the ERP software
- Project administration through the ERP software
What skills and experience will you have for the NPD Manager role?
- To be successful in the role you will require experience in a similar position, ideally within an NPD food supplement/food ingredients/food/pharmaceutical/cosmetics formulation environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are essential
- Excellent organisation skills are required given the need to manage multiple, complex projects at one time
- Desire to succeed in a rapidly expanding company and industry
- Whilst not essential, a science-based degree, such as biology or chemistry would be advantageous
- A Prince2 qualification would again be desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in new product development coordination/ management
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Word, Excel and Outlook to a high level
What will you get in return?
This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday. As a recognised employer of choice, with an accreditation for being one of the best companies to work for, flexible working is accommodated where possible.
Your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including excellent pension scheme, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays