Monday to Thursday 8.00 – 16.45 / Friday 8.00 – 12.00
A global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, reliably, safely and sustainably. With broad portfolio of top-quality aerospace components for outright sale or exchange, including fuel, hydraulic, ducting, and actuation products.
What is the purpose of the Production Planner role?
The production planner is responsible for the smooth and timely production planning for the work shop floor. .
What will you do?
- Order book management and the provision of forecast dates
- Inventory Management and control
- MRP planning parameter maintenance
- Shipping of product to Customer (internal & external)
- Product expediting through machine shop and assembly
- Co-ordinate supply chain both internally and externally
- Creating picking lists
- Stock checks and rotation
- Cycle counting
- Direct customer liaison (internal & external)
- Attend meetings and assist in setting priorities of team
- Acting upon information discussed and implemented during meetings
- Create reports to establish priority of workload and assemblies
- Develop & maintain close working relationship with purchasing to ensure continuity of external parts supply
- Assisting in stores responsibilities, including :
- Issuing of parts against the appropriate material requests
- Receiving and checking components against incoming documentation
- Issue and despatch transfer orders to other warehouses
- Lean materials management and understand lean principles
What skills and experience will The Production Planner have?
- Clear understanding of MRP systems and planning parameters
- Clear understanding of inventory control and supply chain management
- Knowledge of traceability processes
- Experience in Kanban systems
- Good communication and influencing skills required
- IT Literate - Microsoft office experience
What will you get in return?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme