Commercial Business Support
Cooper Golding is looking for a Production Planner to join a recognised leader in the electronic components industry. Our client is locally based in Barnstaple and specialise in the design and manufacture of electronic components for the aerospace and defense market.
What is the purpose of the Production Planner?
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Production Planner is responsible for the Production Plan for a specific value stream, effectively optimising capacity and inventory while meeting customer requirements.
- You will be responsible for the on-time release of Jobs into the defined Production Cell or Value Stream.
- Responsible for the timeliness and progression of the Jobs within the Production Cell / Value Stream.
- Support the Value Stream Manager in maintaining On Time Delivery (OTD) through the OTD completion of Jobs.
- Assist in the expediting priorities of the Material Supply Team.
What will you do as the Production Planner?
- Ensure work orders are started and completed on time.
- Raise and release works orders for warehousing to kit ensuring all materials are available.
- Assisting in the defining and implementing balanced Production Plans and leveled schedules.
- Help maintain established planning time horizons and provide achievable commitments on orders inside planning time fences.
- Assist with recovery plans and the coordination of new product introductions when necessary.
- Provide priority for Production where bottlenecks occur to meet customer requirements.
- Maintaining and day to day running of the Production Plan.
What skills and experience will you have as the Production Planner?
- Previous experience working as a Production Planner within a complex manufacturing environment (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
- Prior planning experience in a matrix organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field preferable
- Understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Able to work to time sensitive constraints
- Have knowledge of manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, and inventory control
- Microsoft Office software
What will you get in return?
- A great range of benefits including a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and more!
- Early finish every Friday!
- Pension scheme
- Free car parking