40 Hours a week
Competitive salary + Bonus
Our client has gained the reputation for producing some of the world's most innovative and inspiring architectural hardware; design led they currently export to the USA, Europe, Australia and the Far East and in 2018 received a Queens Award for Enterprise in the International Trade Category. Due to continued success and growth they are looking to appoint a Production Supervisor to their current team.
The ideal candidate will be used to working with various different departments of the production stages including sales, purchasing, production areas and stores to enable the fast service to existing an new clients.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A enthusiastic, friendly and driven Production Supervisor . We are looking for somebody who has been used to working with teams of people ensuring that all stages of the product sale is accounted for. Successful candidates should have excellent teamworking skills and will be operating in a collaborative and fast-paced Agile environment.
We are looking for:
- A passion for self-improvement and learning new things.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A focus on quality and accuracy.
- A positive, can-do attitude, and a good team player.
The ideal candidate will be used to working with various different departments of the production stages including sales, purchasing, production areas and stores to enable the fast service to existing and new clients.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Weekly duties will include:
- Day to day running of production. Making sure that all orders go through with no delay
- Production queries and issues, dealing with any issues that has been brought up by the team leaders
- Making sure stock taking is all up to date and correct. This will need to be monitor on a weekly basis to make sure that we are stock taking at least 4 times a year and rotating stock when replenished.
- Updating and creating new SOP, new SOP’s to be created when new product are introduced and updating any SOP’s to make procedure more efficient.
- In charge of all health and safety in the company.
- Training staff.
- Communication between sales, procurement, and production. Expediting order
- Supplier chasing and priority list. monitoring that all items are being chased from suppliers.
- Late list, creating a late list and aiming not to have one.
- Finding efficiencies in production to reduce lead times.
- Monitoring labour times.
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- All stock on shelf labelled and located correctly, stored neatly to minimise any damage.
- Covering for team leaders in there absents
- Covering purchasing
- Factory maintenance.
- Custom and large order production scheduling
- Reduce the returns from clients.
- Deal with delivery service issues as they happen liaising with the sales department to ensure clear communication.
- Scrappage, aim is to reduce our scrappage output
- Overseeing warehouses staff, including over time, sickness / holiday cover to ensure there is no disruption to company output, disciplinary procedures, and annual reviews.
- overseeing maintenance and upkeep of machinery and jigs
- lead time scheduling
- The Salary is depending on experience working a 40 Hour week Monday to Friday. Bonus applicable annually based on performance. Car parking available and canteen facilities.
Cooper Golding Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Cooper Golding limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.