This company is a leader in the manufacturing of control, protection and measurement equipment for a diverse range of industries based arcross the world.
What is the purpose of the Production Technician?
To undertake general production tasks and support to the production team. To meet customer production requirements with the right products at the right time, made to the right quality standards. To ensure specific tasks are conducted safely and monitored in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
What will you do as an Internal Production Technician?
• Production of multiple products, requiring electronic assembly, mechanical assembly and inspection skills.
• Testing of multiple products using a range of different test equipment.
• Programming, setting up and operating the pick and place machine.
• Fault-finding PCB’s to component level
• Working with the engineering team to introduce new products to the production department. • Building environments will be mainly workshop based although occasional site/customer visit will be required
• May involve site visits in the future
What skills and experience will you have as a Production Technician?
Familiar with all aspects of through hole and surface mount soldering
• Excellent familiarity with test equipment
• Fault finding skills with a keen attention to detail
• Experience in testing sensors and electronic circuits using various types of test equipment.
• Ability to understand technical drawings including circuit schematic, PCB layout and mechanical drawings
• The ability to take and record measurements and provide technical information reports to a high degree of accuracy
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on own initiative as well as in a small production team
• The field-based element of the role will require the ability to drive and possibly stay overnight at customer sites, excellent customer management skills and strong field based diagnostic skills
• A proactive approach to quality and continuous improvement
• Self-motivated, hardworking and confident
• Good practical skills and a keen eye for detail • Understanding of warehouse protocol
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Willingness to learn new processes and tasks
• Willingness to travel to other sites/events on occasion
What will you get in return?
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Car Park
- Rest areas
- Potential for world travel
- 5%Employer pension
- 8.30AM-5.00 PM Monday-Friday