Salary up to £55, 000
34 days holiday
What is the purpose of the Project Manager role?
Our client is seeking to recruit a Project Manager in their Engineering Department to participate in the management, execution and delivery of engineering activities, relating to the generation of a new range products for use in industrial and avionic applications. Working on leading and world first projects this is a very exciting opportunity and you can also live by the sea!!
This is a multi-disciplinary product development team, ensuring that project development activities are co-ordinated efficiently and effectively throughout the entire development life cycle.
What are the key responsibilities of the Project Manager role?
- Undertake direct management and reporting of key projects
- Ensure that product development activities are completed within the required project budget and timeframe
- Produce and review resource forecasts and manage any resource requirements/conflicts for product development projects
- Ensure compliance with the NPI (New Product Introduction) process, and ensure effective engagement/communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate product development activities through a multi-disciplinary engineering team, and to provide cross department assistance and support, enabling the effective manufacture and ongoing sustainment of developed products
- Hands on contribution to all elements of the engineering lifecycle, including: requirements capture, design, implementation, verification, qualification, compliance and support activities
- Technical authoring of documents required by the design life cycle
- Identify and implement process and productivity improvements
- Assist in the generation and review of bids and proposals
- Work with the Engineering Management Team to ensure that business-wide targets are met
- qualified to HND/Degree level in Electronics, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline.
- Aerospace experience
- Understanding of safety regulations DO178 and DO254
- A broad range of experience in the development of complex products within a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
- Experience of working in a design environment, such as military or aerospace, that employs a robust approach to product development activity would be advantageous.
- Be a practicing engineer
- The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator and be able to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation and be comfortable with customer interaction.
- What will the Project Manager get in return?
- 34 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Hybrid model of working from home and the office
- Working in a team of skilled skilled engineers
- Exciting world beating projects
- Social events