Monday to Friday 8.00 – 17.00
Up to £32, 000
A world renowned company is now seeking a Quality Engineer. This is a progressive company with a strong growth strategy and where opportunity is rife!
What is the purpose of the Quality Engineer role?
- Day to day supervision of QC staff.
- Process improvement and implementation using Lean techniques.
- Knowledge and working practice of FMEA's, PPAP, 5Y and 8D and Pareto analysis
- Manage the Quality Control function and team whilst ensuring that the practices in place to meet customer’s requirements
- Conform to the quality management systems.
- Identify and implement process and efficiency improvements to drive best practice, whilst building and maintaining a close working relationship with other partners in the group
What will the Quality Engineer do?
- Day to day management of 2 QC staff.
- Ensure Goods-in inspection, customer returns and supplier rejections are managed effectively.
- Conduct quality measuremenst utilising methodologies such as 8D, FMEA's,PPAP and
- Direct staff to manage and improve supplier quality including supplier audits and goods inspections at source.
- Implement procedures to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and report on KPIs for all activities and monitor performance against them.
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with other companies in the group
- Work closely with the Technical Manager to enhance processes and procedures to drive best practice.
- Undertake and commit to any agreed Training program.
What skills and experience will the Quality Engineer have?
- Extensive experience working in a Quality department involving standards such as ISO 9001, TS16949 and ISO14001 in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly throughout the organisation
- Able to problem solve and implement business improvements
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP,
What will the Quality Engineer get in return?
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Up to £32, 000
- 6% pension.