£25k - £30k
A leading provider of manufacturing services and manufacturer of electronic components that believes advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Working on advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging and seamless automation, the company is full of creative and passionate people working towards a common goal within aerospace and defence, industrial and the transportation industries.
What is the purpose of the Quality Engineer role?
- Working closely with the Quality Manager to improve the Business Management processes in line with the Regulatory, Customer and Business needs.
- Supporting and hosting Customer Audits and visits as well as a Customer Focal for Quality.
- Driving effective continual improvement activities
- Deliver planned internal audits
- Drive improvements in quality culture
- Quality training
- Deliver the Value Stream Quality Improvement Plan.
What will be the responsibilities of the Quality Engineer?
- Health and Safety training, awareness and engagement
- BMS Process, Procedure Documentation creation
- Pro-active problem identification and solving
- Driving and facilitating effective root cause corrective action
- Manage Customer Returns, including determining liability , using / issue of RMA and driving to root cause
- Lead and Focal for identified Key Customer Accounts – driving performance improvement and compliance to standards
- Conducting internal audits to AS9100 and leading on customer audits when required
- Focus on "right first time" and "on-time deliver"
- Leading and co-ordinating "production part approval process"
- Understanding of AS9100 Business management systems
- Working to KPIs in performance driven environment
- Able influencer
- Ability to facilitate and lead where appropriate effective RCCA problem solving events with a cross functional team
- Ability to act strategically across support areas
- Lead auditor or Internal auditor qualified (AS9100)
- Relevant training in AS9100 and ISO
- Experience of Customer FAIR to AS9102
- A formal qualification in Quality / electronic / mechanical engineering
- PPAP / Lean Manufacturing/ CI qualification and or relevant experience in application of lean tools and creations of improvement plans. (Six sigma)
What will the Quality Engineer get in return?
- Performance related bonus
- Company share save scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Medical cover
- Discounted gym membership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Free parking