Cooper Golding is looking for a Quality Inspector for our Devon based client. They are a specialist manufacturer of high precision components, providing high-quality finished parts for various specialist industries. Whilst there’s the added investment of now being part of a larger group of companies, the business in Crediton runs autonomously and has retained a family feel with many staff having worked here for many years. As such, you’ll be joining a friendly team of experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.
What is the purpose of the Quality Inspector?
Working as part of the engineering team, you will perform quality checks that ensure the finished products conform with the client requirements; identifying issues within the machining process and problem solving to eliminate these errors. This is an important role that helps to ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely manner and to the highest quality standards.
What will you do as the Quality Inspector?
- Perform 1st off, running, last off and final inspections using standard inspection equipment
- Read and interpret drawings
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment
- Perform First Article Inspections and complete accurate reports
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions
- Establish and build strong relationships with all internal suppliers, subcontractors and customers, as required
- Ensure a safe working environment to meet the standards set out in the Health and Safety policy
What skills and experience will you have as the Quality Inspector?
- Ability to effectively organise own workload
- Ideal candidate would be from a machine setting/programming role who understands the machining processes
- Previous experience of a manufacturing (precision engineering) environment is essential
- Ability to make timely, effective decisions and be able to prioritise work efficiently, under pressure
- The Ideal candidate should be used to working in a fast-paced precision engineering environment and understand the necessity of quick inspection times to keep the shop running effectively, efficiently and accurately.
What will you get in return?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive salary