Regulatory Compliance Manager
Cooper Golding is working with a highly innovative global leader in the Cosmetics industry. Employing thousands of people worldwide, from California to Tokyo, this organisation brings together a global network of experts in the development of a comprehensive range of beauty products.
What is the purpose of the Regulatory Compliance Manager?
To be the custodian of product compliance and all legal and regulatory requirements for the business. Your role will be to build confidence throughout the company through the provision of sound judgement and advice.
What will you as the Regulatory Compliance Manager?
- Report to the Global Head of R&D, ensure that all legal and regulatory responsibilities are fully understood and disseminated as necessary within the Business
- Take responsibility for all aspects of legal and regulatory compliance within the Business
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure Business compliance with its legislative responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure compliance
- Ensure that record keeping systems are in place and maintained
- Be the primary point of contact within the Business for all competent authorities
- Ensure that any new requirements or changes to existing requirements are understood and that internal systems are modified to ensure continued compliance
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure that all Business needs are understood and complied with
- Manage the Technical Information team
- Ensure that all Customer requirements in terms of compliance to Codes of Practice are met
- Ensure that all internal Technical Information needs are met in a timely fashion
- Undertake succession planning within the Technical Information department and ensure that sufficient developmental training takes place
What skills and experience will you have as a Regulatory Compliance Manager?
- The ideal candidate will already be in a senior legislation and compliance role within the cosmetics industry
- Have worked in a business where your role has a broad remit, not one that’s heavily siloed as our client seeks the wider commercial skills and breadth of knowledge
- You will have demonstrable knowledge of all relevant legislation that affects the personal care industry in Europe (EU Cosmetics Regulation, REACH)
- Proven leadership experience
- A willingness to travel regularly throughout Europe and Asia for meetings with both customers and colleagues
- First class communication skills are essential
What will you get in return?
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Long service awards and enhanced benefits
- Heavily discounted products from the staff shop!