Our client is a leading, rapidly growing, international manufacturer and has retained Cooper Golding on an exclusive basis to source x2 Software Engineers.
What is the purpose of the role?
To be responsible for the creation and development of business critical, in-house software that conducts structural design calculations using knowledge-based computer science. Writing diagnostic programs to design and write code to ensure the usability of the software to support business growth.
What will you do?
- Support development of business-related projects using web/windows based applications
- Write automated tests in order to mitigate any potential risks and reduce errors.
- Develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- Integrate existing software products with other in-house software’s.
- Create technical specifications of the software.
- Write systems to control the access allowed to external users.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Work closely with colleagues on testing the software and identify any malfunction and find resolutions.
- Research and investigate new technologies in order to reduce bug fixes and mitigate software issues.
- Consult clients and colleagues on the maintenance and performance of the software.
- Meet with clients to discuss the needs and specification of software required.
- Any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Strong commercial knowledge of C++ / C#
- Ability to see through project work from start to finish
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or relevant
- Strong mathematical skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Code refactoring
- At least 3 years within industry
- Strong commercial background
- Demonstrated hands-on experience of automated testing
What will you get in return?
- Salary £35,000 - £50,000
- Pension 4% + 4%
C+, C++, C, C#, SQL