Our client is a well respected and a leading independent produce wholesaler in the south west of England. Offering an extensive, quality product range to delicatessens, farm shops, specialist retail outlets, as well as hotels, restaurants, pubs and the rest of the catering industry.
What is the purpose of the Credit Controller role?
The credit controller’s primary function is to collect and reconcile credit notes and invoices owed to the company. You will manage customer accounts approx 400, ensuring that new customers have healthy credit and that existing customers have settled monthly accounts in a timely manner. Working with the wider finance team.
What will be the responsibilities of the Credit Controller?
The Credit controller will be heavily involved in customer interaction.
- Creating and upholding payment procedures and policies that ensure timely payment
- Responding to client queries
- Keeping customer retention levels high
- Reconciling accounts
- Providing administrative support to finance team
- Keeping close watch on debtor account balances
- Reducing debtors’ ‘Days Sales Outstanding’
- Ensuring the team adhere to credit and collection procedures
- Customer relations
- Experience with accounting packages
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in credit control or accounting
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to clearly explain financial matters
- Business acumen
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- Good analytical skill