£35, 000 - £45, 000
35 days holiday
Established over 40 years ago as a supplier of hydraulic hoses and couplings, our client is now a leading specialist provider of hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic components and systems to a wide variety of organisations operating across the public and private sectors. Multi sector, including working in the Marine, Aerospace and Industrial industries.
What is the purpose of the Electrical Design role?
- Work within the guidelines of the company Quality Management System
- Take a lead role in the execution of company business ensuring that company standards and integrity of work are maintained and ensure subordinates aligned follow suit
- Design, specify, build and install and/or modify/upgrade of electrical/electronic systems and peripherals either as stand-alone systems and/or to compliment any pneumatic/hydraulic systems designed built or modified by the company as the company demands.
- Carry out software design and programming as required as part of company procedures on a variety of different hardware systems.
- Produce accurate records of works completed and ensure company records of builds and/or modifications are amended accurately and kept up to date.
- Ensure that work is carried out inline with the companies’ procedures and quality standards and complies with all current European/National electrical standards and codes of practice.
- Ensure that all units/builds are fully tested and built in an aesthetically pleasing manner
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and to the customers satisfaction
What will you do as the Electrical Design Engineer?
- Liaise directly with customers as required to ensure their requirements are interpreted accurately without delays.
- Assist with and when called upon take responsibility for other projects which engineering personnel may be asked to undertake including hands on as a lead engineer.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the workshops to the company’s standard
- Ensure that an accurate record of time spent on all jobs is entered onto the IT system
- Complete stock requisitions for ALL components removed from the warehouse for use on system builds
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met & that the relevant Risk Assessments are completed
- Take advantage of any further product or personal development opportunities offered by the company
What skills and experience will you have as the Electrical Design Engineer?
- A completed recognized industrial electrical systems apprenticeship preferably to HNC/HND standard together with relevant field experience.
- A good working knowledge of the dangers of working with low to medium voltage electrical supply systems, both AC and DC.
- A good working knowledge of proprietary PLC control systems, their maintenance and programming.
- A good understanding of hydraulic components and systems
- A good knowledge of general engineering practices and procedures.
What will you get in return?
- 35 days holiday
- NHS top up
- Exciting and challenging projects