Electrical Design Engineer
Very competitive salary
Established in over 40 years agos as a supplier of hydraulic hoses and couplings, our client is now a leading specialist provider of hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic components and systems to a wide variety of organisations operating across the public and private sectors
What is the purpose of the role?
- Work within the guidelines of the company Quality Management System
- Take a lead role in the execution of company business ensuring that company standards and integrity of work are maintained and ensure subordinates aligned follow suit
- Design, specify, build and install and/or modify/upgrade of electrical/electronic systems and peripherals either as stand-alone systems and/or to compliment any pneumatic/hydraulic systems designed built or modified by the company as the company demands.
- Carry out software design and programming as required as part of company procedures on a variety of different hardware systems.
- Produce accurate records of works completed and ensure company records of builds and/or modifications are amended accurately and kept up to date.
- Ensure that work is carried out inline with the companies’ procedures and quality standards and complies with all current European/National electrical standards and codes of practice.
- Ensure that all units/builds are fully tested and built in an aesthetically pleasing manner
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and to the customers satisfaction
What will you do?
- Liaise directly with customers as required to ensure their requirements are interpreted accurately without delays.
- Assist with and when called upon take responsibility for other projects which engineering personnel may be asked to undertake including hands on as a lead engineer.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the workshops to the company’s standard
- Ensure that an accurate record of time spent on all jobs is entered onto the IT system
- Complete stock requisitions for ALL components removed from the warehouse for use on system builds
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met & that the relevant Risk Assessments are completed
- Take advantage of any further product or personal development opportunities offered by the company
What skills and experience will you have?
- A completed recognized industrial electrical systems apprenticeship preferably to HNC/HND standard together with relevant field experience.
- A good working knowledge of the dangers of working with low to medium voltage electrical supply systems, both AC and DC.
- A good working knowledge of proprietary PLC control systems, their maintenance and programming.
- A good understanding of hydraulic components and systems
- A good knowledge of general engineering practices and procedures.
What will you get in return?
- Company based pension
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and your Birthday
- Free on site Parking
- Regular company social events