41.5 hours a week
27 days holiday + BH
This is a fantastic business providing design, build, installation and maintenance capability of electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components across a wide variety of industries, including Marine, Aerospace, Utilities and Industrial across the UK. Varied work portfolio and growing company with a myriad of different projects to work on. Exciting and varied client base.
What is the purpose of the Electrical Engineer role?
To provide support to the technical team and operations and customers, by ensuring builds, commissioning and maintenance are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
What will you do as the Electrical Engineer?
- Installation and/or modify/upgrade of electrical/electronic systems and peripherals either as stand-alone systems and/or to compliment any pneumatic/hydraulic systems designed built or modified by the company as the company demands.
- Assist with software design and programming as required as part of company procedures on a variety of different hardware systems.
- Carry out site visits to ascertain the scope of the work and assist with quotations for the
- Ensure that all units/builds are fully tested and built in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and to the customers satisfaction
- Ensure that all units assembled are properly tested in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and approved by a nominated person prior to dispatch.
- Ensure that all installations are completed in accordance with manufacturers’
- Work with the Engineering Manager to identify personal training needs and undertake appropriate training programs within work schedules.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met & that the relevant Risk Assessments are completed and actioned.
- Ensure the workshop and all working areas are always kept clean & tidy
What skills and experience will you have as an Electrical Engineer?
- A completed recognized industrial electrical systems apprenticeship preferably to HNC/HND standard together with relevant field experience.
- A high level of knowledge of the dangers of working with low to medium voltage electrical supply systems, both AC and DC.
- A good working knowledge of proprietary PLC control systems, their maintenance and
- A good knowledge of general engineering practices and procedures.
- A basic understanding of electronics would be of benefit but not essential.
- Extensive knowledge of AC-DC electrical motors, their control methods and protection.
- A good understanding of both digital and analogue control of devices
- A good understanding of proprietary field bus systems and their application.
- Good technical literacy and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work and self motivated wanting to get the job done
- Work to high standards
- Full driving licence as some travel will be involved
What will you get in return?
- 27 days holiday + BH
- WAP NHS top up
- A great culture
- Overtime payments for out of hours