Due to sustained growth of the business, the Company is seeking to recruit a Senior Electronics & Systems Engineer to allow them to expand their electronic hardware design capability enabling us to meet our ambitious product development plans.
The successful candidate will be qualified to HND / Degree level and be looking to develop their career within an exciting multi-disciplined engineering environment bringing together Electronics and Systems Engineering practices to develop product architectures for next-generation vibration monitoring equipment in both the Industrial and Aerospace sectors.
The successful candidate will be joining a hardworking, multi-disciplinary team within an engineering organisation with strong links across industry and academia, where a combination of innovative products, techniques and technologies are used to support our customers, operating within both the Industrial and Aerospace sectors worldwide.
To accept ownership and responsibility for the development of electronic hardware designs and support team members with detailed knowledge of specialist areas including:
- Digital/Analogue/Power Electronics
- PCB Design.
- Design for EMC and Environmental Compliance.
- Design for Safety / Manufacturability / Reliability.
- Microcontroller / DSP Software.
- Generation of product architectures that are capable of meeting the input design requirements.
- Definition of appropriate product validation test strategies
- Definition of appropriate validation test environments and equipment
- Audit of test results and traceability.
- Performance of design reviews.
- To take ownership of engineering activities and outcomes and adopt cross-functional leadership roles including Teambuilding, Professionalism and Responsibility to ensure successful delivery of tasks.
- To liaise directly with customers (including occasional UK and International travel) to understand requirements and determine suitable architectures to enable the generation of technical proposals.
- To play an active role in key projects, including leading planning activities, organisation of tasks and clearly communicating project status information to stakeholders.
- To approach problems/tasks in a flexible, creative, pragmatic and logical manner and effectively communicate engineering concepts.
- To act as a good example, provide assistance and leadership for junior colleagues and apprentices as appropriate, including motivation and empowerment in order to aid their professional development.
- To produce clear and accurate technical writing for an internal engineering audience and support the creation of documentation materials for external customers.
- To consistently exhibit a good attention to detail and thorough approach to all tasks.
- To maintain a professional attitude with internal and external customers in order to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- To share and present information and ideas effectively.
- To provide guidance and support to other departments across the business to ensure a successful outcome.
- To actively work towards the enhancement of technical and business processes along with keeping up to date with latest technologies to maintain and extend own development skills.
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed
- Highly motivated towards providing complete customer satisfaction in the generation of world class vibration monitoring products
- To maintain professional skills and to recognise the importance of CPD
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to work independently using initiative and innovation to solve technical problems
- Well organised with the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Collaborative style, strong communication skills, and an ability to influence without direct authority
Our client has it's , headquarters in North Devon, where world-class conditioning monitoring solutions for the aviation, power generation and automotive industries are designed, manufactured and supported.
They also have additional facilities in Fareham, Munich, Paris, Chicago and Milan. Over 70% of the organisation’s staff are based in the Devon facility where all design and development work is undertaken for our client product portfolios.
They have a proven track record in staff development, with over 25% of the engineering department’s staff being supported through undergraduate or postgraduate degree programmes through the region’s universities.