Our client is a global leader in the provision of innovative marine technology and environmental service solutions for the offshore marine industries.
What is the purpose of the Embedded Systems Engineer?
Working in the Research & Development Department; you’ll have responsibility for programming, debugging microcontrollers in designed electronic systems; creating user interfaces for designed systems for data storage and post-processing.
What will the Embedded Systems Engineer do?
- Programming, debugging Microcontrollers
- Project documentation (Testing procedures, Design notes, Revision Tracking, Manuals)
- Designing Electronic circuits systems
- Simulation of the Electronic circuits
- Component stock levels, ordering
- Soldering, rework and inspection
- Testing designed systems
- Designing of the User interface for Designed systems
- Data analysis, Post-processing of data collected
What skills and experience will you have as the Embedded Systems Engineer?
- Ability to write and debug software in C and assembly
- Ability to use test equipment and tools relating to electronics manufacture and testing
- Ability to understand and review technical documents
- Ability to use version and revision control products (VisualSVN)
- Self-motivated, hardworking and confident
- Good practical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- IT Skills – hardware, PAM software and MS Office packages
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the multiple priorities
What will you get in return?
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Free parking
- Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:00