Cooper Golding is recruiting a Multi-Skilled Engineer job for a class-leading manufacturing business; one of the fastest growing, most innovative and ambitious organisations in Somerset. Do you want to be part of a business that's at the global forefront of developing effective, natural healthcare products? Would you like the opportunity to work in a state of the art facility with some of the most advanced machines in the industry; one that's continuously investing in new technology to improve its production capabilities? Please read on....
What is the purpose of the Engineer role?
Through its continued growth and increasing demand for its products, the business is currently recruiting a number of roles across different areas of production. This new Engineer role will support the Engineering Manager with continuous improvement, by recommending changes that could prolong machine life, increase efficiency, reduce wastage and aid the smooth running of departments.
What will you do as an Engineer?
The company is looking to recruit a multi-skilled engineer with a mechanical bias. The main responsibilities are:
- Carrying out Preventative Maintenance as required.
- Carrying out Corrective Action as required
- Taking responsibility for the control of the parts store, ensuring that correct parts are kept in stock to prevent and minimize downtime of machines.
- Liaising with any departments necessary to ensure the smooth running of the production facility and minimising downtime by prioritising engineering issues.
- Ensuring that documentation for Corrective Action and Preventative Maintenance are filled out correctly.
- Assisting with Facilities Maintenance and Development.
- This is a busy hands-on role, and the ideal candidate will have experience working as an Engineer within a production / manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated facility or similar (BRC, ISO 9001, BETA NOPS) is desirable but not essential.
- Candidates must also have a good level of IT knowledge to operate the ERP system and ideally an interest in future technology and equipment to ensure the business continues as a state of the art manufacturer.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Adaptability to changing priorities
Standard working hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday, however flexibility is essential to support the business at peak times and conduct out of hours maintenance / engineering operations.
Your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including excellent pension scheme, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.