Cooper Golding is recruiting an Export Administrator job for a world class manufacturing business in South Somerset. The company is one of the fastest growing, most innovative and ambitious in the region, offering fantastic career opportunities. Exporting products to nearly 100 countries, they enjoy a global reputation for their class-leading products.
What is the purpose of the Export Administrator
As a key member of the sales and customer service team, you'll be responsible for providing all customers with the highest level of service, through professional and timely communications regarding orders and shipments.
What will you do as the Export Administrator?
- Accurate processing of international sales orders using the ERP software
- Raising or applying for country specific certificates as required
- Acknowledging and ensuring the customer is kept up to date on the status of their order
- Planning and coordinating overseas shipments (including courier services) via freight forwarders/logistics companies, and deciding on the most appropriate mode of shipment with consideration to time and temperature sensitive goods
- Creating and completing accurate shipping and commercial documentation (knowledge of Export Master would be beneficial but not essential) including letters of credit, bills of lading, certificates of origin, packing lists and commercial invoices
- Liaising with internal colleagues such as the Planning, Quality and Warehouse teams to gather required information
- Liaising externally with other busineses and organisations such as Government Sectors, Freight Forwarders and Banks to ensure the smooth processing of customer orders
- Supporting the wider Customer Services team at peak times and during holidays, which may include reception duties.
What skills and experience will you have for the Export Administrator role?
- To be successful in the role you will require experience in a similar position, ideally within an export sales team for a manufacturing business
- Experienced administrators from other sectors who are keen to develop new skills should also apply
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are essential as you will be dealing with international customers
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail as you will be processing high value orders that must be processed accurately
- Desire to succeed in a rapidly expanding company and industry
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Word, Excel and Outlook to a high level
What will you get in return?
This is a full time position, working Monday to Friday. As a recognised employer of choice, with an accreditation for being one of the best companies to work for, flexible working is accommodated where possible.
Your contribution will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including excellent pension scheme, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays