Permanent - Engineering
We are working exclusively with SFL Flue and Chimney, a respected manufacturer of steel single/twin wall chimney systems for the industrial, commercial and domestic markets. A leader in their field and known for their quality and engineering excellence. SFL are now seeking a Financial Controller for the next step in their journey.
What is the purpose of the Financial Controller?
You will be responsible for the efforts and results of the team. You will report on all financial and accounting activities to the MD. Overseeing the day-to-day operations of direct reports in both finance and IT functions.
What will you do as the Financial Controller?
- Responsible for the preparation of full reconciled monthly management accounts, as well as statutory accounts, annual budgets’ and ongoing cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain customer price books, sales item price lists and current raw material purchase prices.
- Ensure timely submission and payment of monthly payroll and supplier payments and maintain control over sales ledger receipts.
- Ensure the environmental, health and safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and build a coherent team to meet the business demands.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements whilst submitting accurate filings to HMRC.
What skills and experience will you have as the Financial Controller?
- Self-organised, self-motivated and efficient, able to meet strict deadlines.
- Works well under pressure, within a team or as an individual.
- Strong analytical skills, IT literate, effective numeracy and literacy skills and a good listener.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA preferably) Degree desirable.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial position, within a manufacturing environment.
What will you get in return?
- £45, 000 - £55, 000 DOE
- 25 days holiday. Great Culture - Pension
Cooper Golding Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Cooper Golding Limited is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.