Monday to Thursday 8.00 – 16.45 / Friday 8.00 – 12.00
£8.68 per hour
A global technology leader in power management solutions that make electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power operate more efficiently, reliably, safely and sustainably. With broad portfolio of top-quality aerospace components for outright sale or exchange, including fuel, hydraulic, ducting, and actuation products
What is the purpose of the role?
The Foundry Finisher is accountable for preparing castings for the heat treatment process and final blast of components prior to release into stock
What will you do?
- Knock out of moulds to remove shell post to the casting operation
- Water blasting of moulds to remove as much shell as practical and allow the band saw operations to commence
- Cutting off castings using a semi-automatic band saw
- Trimming up of casting gates using a manual band saw
- Removal of residual shell material after the band saw operations have been completed
- Linishing casting gates flush after the band saw operations are completed
- Rework of castings to remove surplus shell and metal materials
- Dry blasting of components to give a uniformed matt finish
- Removal of hot moulds to support the casting process
- Pack and identify castings to be sent for sub contract processes
- Follow strict health and safety guidelines and aptitude for identifying hazards
- Work closely and safely with team members to ensure good team ethics and co-operation
What skills and experience will you have?
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in differing conditions and assist in the other areas
- Understand written instructions and comply with company processes and procedures
What will you get in return?
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Free parking