Competitive salary/rates of pay
Cooper Golding is recruiting for a precision engineering company in Bristol that has been supplying the aerospace industry, both defence and civil, for many years.
The company’s expertise means they are a trusted supplier of high tolerance components, meeting challenging customer requirements with quality, precision and speed of delivery.
Due to current work volumes, the company is recruiting a number of positions including experienced cylindrical grinders, initially on a contract or temporary basis with the potential of a permanent position in 2020.
What is the purpose of the Grinder?
The main purpose of the role will be to set, operate and program various Grinding and Honing machine tools to produce component parts to drawing and process requirements.
What will you do as a Grinder?
- Ensuring performance of part production to planned set and run times and Quality requirements
- Communicating Not right first time (NRFT) within assigned areas
- Ensuring Health and Safety processes are adhered to including wearing of relevant PPE
- Responsible for ensuring correct materials, Route Cards, drawings are used to produce components
- Setting up wheels, fixtures etc. ready for your own operation to commence and assist other Operators where appropriate
- Ensuring machined products meet quality and accuracy requirements
- Reworking components as required to minimise delays to schedule
What skills and experience will you have as a Grinder?
- Engineering experience and knowledge of relevant machining processes
- In depth knowledge and understanding of manual and CNC Grinding and Honing operations
- Ability to use various machines and practical skills
- A working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and Engineering drawings essential
- An organised Team player with flexible approach to work and good time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary/hourly/daily rate