Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant
Salary £18k-£23k DOE
Commercial Business Support
Cooper Golding is looking for an enthusiastic Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant to work within a highly regarded niche manufacturing company based in Barnstaple. The company specialise in bespoke high-end products that are shipped internationally for a variety of demanding markets.
What is the purpose of the Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant?
An interesting and varied role that will utilise your organisation and communication skills; you’ll be working at the heart of the business making sure the right materials and components are in the right place at the right time to ensure orders are shipped out on time. With the company producing so many bespoke items, this is far from the standard bulk buying role, as you’ll be sourcing from a vast array of suppliers and sub-contract manufacturers.
What will you do as the Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant?
- Day to Day purchasing functions for the business.
- Review Purchasing MRP and place orders with approved suppliers, manufacturers and sub-contractors as required.
- Obtain quotations for best lead time and maintaining or improving the purchase price.
- Expediting Purchase Orders weekly to meet the delivery requirements.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to establish inventory levels, safety stock levels, cost reporting, establishing economic batch quantities and minimising stock holding.
- Resolving delivery issues and assisting with invoice issues
What skills and experience will you have as the Junior Buyer/Purchasing Assistant?
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to read and understand Technical / CAD drawings
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Computer literate, good written and oral communication skills in fluent English
- Attention to detail, ability to think methodically
What will you get in return?
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Attractive company bonus scheme