Cooper Golding are working alongside the local authority for Barnstaple, South Molton, Ilfracombe and surrounding areas. They provide services to both businesses and domestic premises
What is the purpose of the role?
- To drive an LGV Refuse (domestic or trade), Recycling, Skip loader or Sweeping vehicles
- To undertake a refuse or recycling collection service for our domestic and trade customers
- To deliver excellent customer service and be an ambassador for Operational Services
What will you do?
- Ensure that allocated tasks are safely and efficiently completed
- Collect refuse and recyclate from trade or domestic premises plus any special collections
- Drive vehicle to disposal point/transfer station to eject, tip or sort load
- Deliver exchange and collect skips of varying types, transport to disposal point/transfer station for tipping/sorting.
- Be responsible for regularly washing down the outside of the vehicle at the appropriate time
- To be responsible for undertaking appropriate daily routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Complete daily vehicle defect reports
- Comply with statutory requirements, policies and procedures including Health and Safety and security
- Undertake any other similar duties as required to form part of a flexible work tea
What skills and experience will you have?
- Hold clean LGV class ‘C’ licence & Certificate of Professional Competence Card
- Ability to control large vehicle in tight spaces
- Experience of driving refuse, recycling, skip loader or sweeping vehicles ideal
- Working geographical knowledge of the local area
- Ability to read a map, follow schedules and work to agreed parameters
- Experience of relating to people and providing excellent customer service
What will you get in return?
- 23 Days + Bank Holidays
- Free Bus Shuttle Service