A world leading design led architectural hardware manufacturer working with brass, composites, leather and other custom materials.
What is the purpose of the Product Design/Development Manager role?
- The role will encompass all aspects of design and product development,
- Working with new materials and processes not previously used in the industry.
- Working at ways to change processes and materials to more sustainable alternatives
- Develop new products using sustainable and re-cycled materials
What will be the responsibilities of the Product Design/Development Manager?
- Taking charge of the design and development department
- Working with briefs to bring ideas to life in 3D models
- Following products into production
- Identifying the most cost-efficient and sustainable processes for designs
- Undertake feasibility studies with estimated pricing and to identify problems before production begins
- Controlling and monitoring progress of designs from concept to launch
- Working with sales and marketing to ensure all processes are completed
- Working on in-house designs and developing custom work for international client base
- Producing clear and accurate CAD drawings
What skills and experience will the Product Design/Development Manager have?
- Advanced Solid works skills.
- Background in product design and design engineering.
- Good understanding of engineering manufacturing, particularly metals.
- A strong imagination, to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table.
- Good communication skills, to work with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
What will the Product Design/Development Manager get in return?
£35k to £45k depending on experience
Generous performance related bonus scheme
Paid Bike to Work Scheme