Monday to Friday (40 hours per week )
22 – 25k
Our Client is a leading manufacturer in the North Devon area and due to continued success they are looking to appoint a Production Supervisor to their existing team. Fantastic opportunity to work in successful manufacturing company.
What is the purpose of the Production Supervisor role?
- Departmental production output and associated documentation for respective shift in line with production schedules.
- Ensure all production activities are executed in a safe manner and always observe all Company H+S policies and procedures.
- Assist Production Leader in compiling production schedules and meeting all production targets and KPIS’s.
- Attend production meetings with Production Leader / Inspection Leads / Cell Leaders and Production Planner as required.
- Liaise with Inspection Team Lead to ensure all daily output from respective shift is correctly inspected and assist with rework for any product that does not comply to relevant standard.
- Identify training needs for shift operatives and liaising with Production Leader and Technical / Training Lead to ensure operatives are correctly trained.
- Liaise with Engineering and Maintenance department to ensure shift production equipment is operating correctly.
- Assist with all relevant HR documentation including RTW Interviews, holiday and absence, overtime management, recruitment interviews and disciplinary procedures are adhered to all times for shift staff.
- Assist as required in compilation of Risk Assessments, SSOW, SOP’s and relevant production documentation.
- Deputise for Production Leader during periods of absence.
What skills will the Production Supervisor require?
- Demonstratable experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Relevant experience in Leadership and Management and/or Team Leading and Supervision of people.
- Sound working knowledge of H+S and its management.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and principles.
- An appreciation of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of MRP and/or Scheduling software.
- Experience with electronics manufacturing.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Highly effective, motivated and supportive team members!