Software Developer / Engineer
Due to sustained growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for the recruitment of a Software Developer / Engineer to work within a dynamic software development team.
As a Software Developer / Engineer, you will have a passion for software development and will form an integral part of the software development team architecting, designing and developing technologies and products for use in industrial and aerospace applications.
- To be highly motivated towards providing complete customer satisfaction.
- To be honest and realistic in reporting project quality, cost and time.
- To be able to apply a flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Be able to contribute as part of a team and be comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback e.g. code reviews.
- To manage working time effectively with little direction.
- To accept responsibility for actions.
The Software Developer / Engineer role will form an integral part of the software team. The role will require working as part of a SCRUM Team contributing towards the delivery of tactical and strategic business objectives and work individually where required.
- To design, develop, implement and validate MS Windows and Embedded systems and products to enhance the Company’s range of industrial and aerospace condition monitoring solutions.
- To undertake requirements analysis and review in order to guide software development and implementation.
- To provide software application support to all aspects of the business which may involve direct involvement with customers and sub-contractors.
- To work closely with team-mates and other colleagues to ensure that project and business-wide targets are met.
- To be highly motivated towards providing an end product that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Understand and diagnose hardware faults with PC and embedded devices
- Work with other departments as part of multi-discipline teamwork to support business objectives
- To contribute towards the continual improvement of working practices and methods
- Willingness to travel to customers premises
- To undertake personal development activities appropriate to maintain and skills and keep up to date with industry best practices and technology.
- HND or Degree Level qualification in a Computer Science or Engineering related discipline
- Three years’ experience in an equivalent software development role
- Experience working in an Agile software delivery environment
- Experience managing and maintaining Continuous Integration systems
- Teamcity or similar
- Virtual machine configuration
- Working knowledge of:
- C# XAML/WPF
- C++ 17
- Working knowledge of version-control systems such as GIT
- Passionate about software and an ability to balance technological risk and performance
- Honest and realistic in reporting project quality, technical risk, cost and schedule.
- A high attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated, flexible and determined to succeed.
- Ability to communicate across different levels of the business
- Ability to work independently and in a team using initiative and innovation to solve technical problems.
- Excellent professional skills, recognising the importance of ongoing CPD.