Salary: £19,000 - £22,500 per annum depending on experience + bonus
Role type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon (office based with the ability to work remotely for up to 2 days per week)
We are working exclusively with an exciting and growing Telecoms testing company who work with some of the largest Mobile and Fixed-line Telecom operators in the world, with customers in the UK, Asia, Africa, Middle East and North America.
What is the Purpose of the Technical Administrator role?
Our client now requires the services of an experienced Technical Administrator who is a dynamic and motivated individual to support a challenging and interesting admin role which will also involve manual system testing. You will be instrumental in supporting the Operations and Management teams by maintaining technical data and assisting with Operation team projects. The output of your work will assist the business in delivering test solutions and meeting business strategy targets.
What will be the responsibilities of the Technical Administrator?
You should be able to demonstrate any previous data administration experience utilising technical skills to track inventory, maintain system records, build/configure hardware and software. We will also provide full internal training for the right candidate.
- To deliver administration tasks such as management of technical inventory and maintaining customer information records
- Produce clear, concise and accurate written and verbal communications (in English) at all levels
- Interpreting technical documentation such as system specifications and build documents etc
- Manual testing
- Data entry updating internal systems
- Good IT skills with the ability to configure and update computer systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Outlook etc
- Work in compliance with internal processes and systems
- A motivated attitude and show a keen desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively on both individual and team projects
- IT based degree preferred or A-Levels (or equivalent)
- Any other technical or professional certifications an advantage
- It would be desirable to have knowledge of the telecoms industry such as mobile networks and handsets or an interest in learning.
- It would also be desirable to understand computers, system build and configuration.
- In addition an understanding or experience of automated manual system testing and methodologies, would also ne advantageous, however, full training will be given.
- Full UK Driving Licence and own transport
- The successful candidate will predominantly be office based (in Barnstaple, North Devon) with the ability to work remotely for up to 2 days per week
- Competitive salary
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays (with a max of 25 days loyalty Holiday +B/H)
- Incentive structure – annual company and individual performance bonus targets
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Structured career progression opportunities
- Full in-house training in Telecoms testing and product solutions
- Fun team building days
- Opportunity to build a career with a North Devon based company and work with the top tier Telecom global companies