Technical and Engineering Manager
A dynamic and well established local business who have seen incredible growth are now seeking a senior team member for the technical operation.
What is the purpose of the Technical and Engineering Manager?
There will be a need to be able to balance the commercial interests of the company whilst dealing with customers and suppliers in a diplomatic manner. The company does not install anything but it does supply items of equipment that are unique to a customer or a project. It is necessary therefore to be able to cost items built in house and achieve a profitable margin. It is possible the candidate has already been in technical support role that has developed customer relationships whilst working in a direct support to the sales function.
What will the responsibilities of the Technical and Engineering Manager do?
- Estimating and stock control.
- Managing goods return
- Telephone technical back up
- Work load planning
- Holiday planning
- Liaising with management
- Undertaking engineer reviews.
- New product development evaluation and suitability analysis
- Aware of the principles of chemical water dosing
- Used to control of stock items
- Design and build control panels.
- Metal working.
- Electrical testing.
- Pump wet testing.
- Pipe work.
- Mechanical testing of returns.
- Building maintenance.
As a minimum you will need to be:
- Electrically qualified
- Understanding of PLC ladder logic
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- A good communicator
- A clean drivers licence
- Familiar with pumps/ motors and inverter control
- A CAD user, to create electrical drawings
- Understand lighting DMX