Cooper Golding is recruiting a Trainee Development Chemist for a pioneering company that's at the forefront of new product development in the personal healthcare and cosmetics industry. Our client prides itself on the working environment; despite its size it has the feel of a family business, where individuals are recognised for their contribution and feel connected to the wider business. This role is likely to appeal to graduates with a chemistry degree.
What is the purpose of the Trainee Development Chemist job?
The Research & Development (R&D) Trainee Chemist will work closely with the Technical and Development Managers to develop, prepare and test samples, implementing into production.
You will be developing your own skillset and become an independent Chemist within the R&D team, therefore there may be study required, depending on experience.
What will the Trainee Development Chemist do?
The main role responsibilities are:
- Under guidance from Chemist/Development Manager make sample products to fit the needs of the brief given, having a clear understanding of requirements for scaling up and product launches, presented professionally and within guidelines.
- Working within safety guidelines, understanding technologies around aerosol production, development and formulation of products.
- Preparing and managing bulk manufacture of developed products within specified guidelines and company processes, maintaining samples and accurate records.
- Suggest and maintain continuous improvements to ways of working within the lab environment
What skills and experience will the Trainee Development Chemist have?
- Educated to "A level" standard or equivalent within Science based subjects; with an aptitude for learning and innovation and a willingness to gain necessary qualification for the role
- 1 Year Minimum experience within FMCG environment OR Graduate level candidate looking to gain practical experience
- Ability to communicate well across all mediums.
- Computer literate; with the ability to produce legible and understandable documents in both written and electronic formats.
- Accurate, attention to detail, capable of following instructions and working independently with limited supervision
- Willingness to identify improvements and propose improvements to ways of working
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Above average employer pension contribution
- Attractive benefits package which includes a cycle to work scheme, shopping vouchers, tech purchase and heavily discounted products from the staff shop!