Cooper Golding Limited’s data protection lead and Cooper Golding Limited’s data protection officers are Paula Golby and Alex Farmery.
Cooper Golding Limited is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Cooper Golding Limited must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Cooper Golding Limited acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Cooper Golding Limited directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board and social media. If we obtain personal data from a source other than the individual such as from Job boards, we provide you with privacy information within one month or at the time of communication.
Cooper Golding Limited must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
Collection and use of personal data
a) Purpose of processing and legal basis
Cooper Golding Limited will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
b) Categories of data
Cooper Golding Limited will collect the following personal data on you:
Name, email, Telephone and mobile numbers, skype address, Date of Birth, Address, National Insurance Number, Identity documents. Qualifications and Experience. Sensitive personal data, for the purposes to provide work finding services to you
Sensitive personal data:
c) Legitimate interest
This is where Cooper Golding Limited has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where Cooper Golding Limited has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
Contacting you in regard to Job opportunities
Inputting details onto our CRM (database) system
Forwarding to businesses/clients for job opportunities
To comply with our legal obligations, for example HMRC, Pensions, DWP or law enforcement and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.
To provide information about products or services or newsletters/information which may be of interest to you.
d) Recipient/s of data
Cooper Golding Limited will process your personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients and Businesses to introduce you to or supply personnel they require
- Trade unions
- Our IT provider
- Our CRM (Database) provider
- Our payroll and funding provider including umbrella services if appropriate
- Our Accountants and Management Accountant
- Any organisation that a candidate asks us to forward their information to
- Candidate’s former employer for reference purposes, or a person acting as a character reference for the candidate
- Trade bodies including TEAM and the REC
- Government and law enforcers such as the police, Home Office, DWP, HMRC and any other government bodies that we are obliged to assist by law.
- Third-party public information bodies to verify checks and suitability checks on work seekers, such as companies house, The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), DVLA and any credit reference agencies.
- Third parties who Cooper Golding Limited utilise to ensure we are legally compliant such as Accountants, Insurers, Financial and legal advisors and our solicitors.
Cooper Golding Limited will not transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
Cooper Golding Limited will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Cooper Golding Limited has obtained your consent to process your personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Cooper Golding Limited will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Cooper Golding Limited will cease to process your data.
Cooper Golding will retain personal data for 3 years or for as long as we are legally obliged to by various government agencies in order to fulfil our legal obligations
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Cooper Golding Limited processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Cooper Golding Limited processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Cooper Golding Limited processing your personal data/and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting The Office Manager at Cooper Golding Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01271 349745.
There may be circumstances where Cooper Golding Limited will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
We regularly review and where necessary update our privacy information.
If you believe that any of your data that Cooper Golding Limited processes are incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:
The Office Manager at Cooper Golding Limited at email@example.com or 01271 349745
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.