Assistant Operations Manager
40 Hours a week
Our client is a leader in specialist outdoor apparel, and as such has experienced incredible growth over the last 12 months. They are now looking to appoint a UK & International Exports Sales Manager to drive their business forward in 2021 and beyond.
What will the Assistant Operations Manager do.
- Provide administrative support in the management of the international supply chain incorporating all shipping and distribution processes & procedures
- Assist the Operations Manager to ensure that all products/stock is manufactured and shipped in a timely manner aligned to business requirements and forecast planning
- Collate and provide reports that monitor all global shipping costs in the most efficient way by working closely with the Financial Manager and by managing all suppliers effectively.
- Support the Operations Manager in the managing the end of the line production liaison with China to ensure all packaging and SKU labelling is in accordance with agreed procedures
- In conjunction with our 3PL & Forecast Manager, and as guided by the Operations Manager, assist the Goods-In process to ensure stock is received and logged on systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Operations Manager as we govern the relationship and Service Level Agreement with our 3PL ensuring all aspects of stock control and onward fulfilment/deliveries are met in accordance with targets. Produce monthly reports on performance for deliveries to each sales channel. Shopify, Trade and Amazon.
- Work closely with both Sales and Customer Services departments to ensure all order deliveries are in accordance with set targets and KPI’s.
- Conduct stock takes and Quality inspections in line with company requirements.
- Support the control of all Exhibition equipment, keeping a record of all assets and maintaining its condition. Disposing and replacing as appropriate. Work closely with the marketing team ensuring any product and equipment is available for all events.
- Provide Fleet assistance to the Operations Manager covering all company vehicles (vans) ensuring they are fit for work: servicing, cleanliness, MOT and insurance.
- Assist with the development of our premises by working closely with other key management to ensure a safe, secure, clean, tidy environment.
- Provide extra support and monitor all product repairs and disposal within the business and the 3PL.
What skills and experience will the Assistant Operations Manager have?
- Strong background in an Operational and Logistics role
- Excellent analytical and data management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and to tight timescales.
- PRINCE2 or APMP experience. (Project Management)
- Knowledge of LEAN Management
- Experience of Value Stream Mapping and 5S (Visual Management)
- Awareness of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2000)
- Confident with Microsoft packages
- Ability to use pivot tables and macros in Excel. Google docs.
- Knowledge of Bright Pearl or equivalent MRP system an advantage.
- Professional integrity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- People Management and Leadership Skills
- Problem solving ability
- Flexibility and adaptable.
What will you get in return?
- 22 days a year plus bank holidays
- Ability to mix working from home and office,
- Company based pension scheme