Monday to Thursday 0830 – 17.00 Mon – Thurs 0830 – 1300 Friday
Salary up to £28, 000
A world leader in the Electronics arena, who really look after their staff, through innovation, soft benefits, training and progression.
What is the purpose of the Buyer role?
Required to assist with the management and development of a portfolio of suppliers from whom our client, buys goods and services that are critical to their operations.
What will the Buyer do?
- Regularly review Purchasing MRP exceptions and place orders with approved distributors, manufacturers and sub-contractors as appropriate.
- Purchase for best price commensurate with quality, availability and specification and minimising the stock holding whilst optimising the cost of purchase.
- Obtain quotes and progress orders for production products and consumables set up on the system database.
- Administer vendor rating system and advise on supplier approval and un-approval also recommending new suppliers for approval.
- Regularly review overdue and late acknowledgement report and action as appropriate
Manage Open PO reports to ensure current delivery schedules are on track or require expediting/deferring
What skills and experience will the Buyer have?
- Strategic thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving
Excellent negotiation skills with proven track record of cost reduction through use of appropriate strategic purchasing tools
- Composites manufacturing exposure would be considered a plus. Familiar with ERP, MRP systems & Purchasing systems
- Supplier Relationship Management
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary up to £28, 000, holiday, pension, socials, free parking.