CNC Programmer Setter Operator (Milling)
Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client is leading manufacturer with facilities in the West Midlands and Internationally. Combining a rich heritage and traditional values with innovation and global capabilities.
What is the purpose of the CNC Programmer Setter Operator?
This interesting and diverse role will be working with the Research & Development team to produce bespoke, low volume machined-milled parts to specific standards, maintaining quality, timeliness, accuracy, tolerances, safety standards, and within agreed budget.
What will you do as a CNC Programmer Setter Operator?
- Accurately produce CNC programs for the machining of in-house and sub-contracted parts.
- Use CNC millers (Hurco or Mikron) to their maximum efficiency within the constraints of the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Provide cover for existing CNC operators when required or deemed necessary by the supervisor or management.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to accurately read and use measuring equipment.
- Able to set and operate either Winmax or Heidenhain controlled machines and edit programmes.
- Ability to use all machines within an engineering environment, Millers, Lathes, Surface Grinder, Pillar Drillers etc.
- Understanding of lean production/world class manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Able to deliver results within a fast-moving, quality conscious manufacturing business.
- Commercial and financial awareness with an understanding of the impact of failure with regards to business costs, production targets and fulfilment of customer orders.
- Able to adapt, including to new technology, machinery and equipment.
- Engages interest and participation of other and has a collaborative approach to working together.
What skills and experience will you have CNC Programmer Setter Operator?
- Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- A strong engineering background in industry/toolmaking/Milling environment.
- CNC programming.
- Edgecam software knowledge desirable
What will you get in return?
- £16.35 per hour (circa £32,000 per annum)
- 4% employer + 4% employee pension contribution
- Free parking
- Potential for overtime