- Monday-Thursday 0730-1630. Friday 0730-1230- Flexi time available
- £28, 500 per annum
An established manufacturing company in Barnstaple is seeking a Maintenance and Facilities Engineer to assist with the day to day upkeep and on going TPM programme over the whole site.
What is the purpose of the Maintenance and Facilities Engineer?
In this role you will be responsible to carry out planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance on production machinery, equipment and building facilities to support the operation of the plant.
- Lathes, Mills, Grinders, Drills, Fabrication Equipment, Press brake M/C’s, Punch Presses, Manual & CNC machines. Spraybooths, LEV Equipment, Lifting Equipment.
- Lighting, heating systems, compressors, PC’s, alarm systems.
- You will also be involved in project works such as continuous improvement projects, safety improvements, machine installation works and day to day shop floor requests.
- Experience with 3 Phase and Single Phase circuits, power supplies and a working knowledge on CNC machinery.
- Qualifications in Electrical inspection and testing (PAT) preferred but not essential.
- Multi Skilled Maintenance engineering- electrical / mechanical
- Good working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Knowledge of CMS- computer maintenance software, to organise works orders, asset registers, purchase orders.
- Placing orders for spares and consumables items
- Dealing with sales representatives when required
- Management of Waste Environmental Systems, for coolant, oil, special waste and WEEE.
- Good self-management and organisational skills
- Minimum City & Guilds Qualified, time served engineer
- Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager
- Interesting and varied machinery to work on
- £28,500 per annum
- Established and robust manufacturing site
- Free parking
- Day Work- 37 Hours Short day Friday
- Holiday Entitlement- 25 Days Plus Bank Holidays
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme