£30k - £34k
6am to 4pm & 8am to 6pm
Very occasional weekend and night cover
Specialising in the processing of fresh and frozen seafood products servicing customers globally.
What is the purpose of the Production Manager role?
To ensure that all production processes are run reliably and efficiently and that all targets and KPI's are met by motivating and developing a diverse workforce
What will be the responsibilities of the Production Manager?
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards.
- Support the planning organising production schedules.
- Ensuring production lines are properly resourced with product and people.
- Ensure activities meet relevant legislations linked to QA, H&S and other relevant departments.
- To ensure safe plant and machinery, and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Liaise closely with the maintenance team to organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Overseeing production processes.
- Motivating and driving all production operatives to meet all targets and KPI’s.
- Plan, develop and implement staff training and development, establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development.
- Monitor, measure and report on staff training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Liaise with Heads of Departments to comply with company policies and procedures (Technical, Health & Safety and HR)
- Attend meetings and contribute to production planning and policy-making as required.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
What skills and experience will the Product Manager have?
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food production environment.
- BRC accredited (advantageous but not essential).
- Experience managing large teams.
- Experience of reporting to senior levels on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Experience of lean Manufacturing methods.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own and team performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
What will the Product Manager get in return?
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Cycle to Work Scheme